Tuesday, August 24, 2004

leave me be

leave me be
to my mind
to what my eyes see
to what i feel
to what i am
just leave me be

i love my parents
i really do
but truth cannot be avoided
that the love i have for them
this love i own
could very well be
a love taught
a love expected
a love expected to exist
an obligatory love
does that make it love then

but stop it
just stop hurting me
stop lashing at me this way
it cannot be stopped anyway
so just dont try stopping me

no one tries to stop a train at high speed

i wish not to derail

stop hurting me
stop it

stop it

please

just

stop lashing at me this way

i have not known love so sincere and genuine for another

and if this is the price i have to pay

then pay i will

but swallow it i cannot

it makes no sense
stop it

stop being so fuckin' stupid

just stop it

just finally

just now

just grow up

as parents

the way you should have

the day my brother was born

just stop flagellating me

please

before

all the love i have ever known

turns into all the hatred

i fear
i know

i can have

as the blood seeps through my tattered skin
as it drips into my bitter mouth

i beseech you

to just stop it

No comments: