Sunday, May 15, 2005

heavy bones

Read into the star sign "Taurus" deeply, and you'll find that "lazy" is used to describe The Bull at least twice (Linda Goodman - fantastic insight into star signs, even if you think astrology's bullshit. She got me by the horns, pun absolutely intended).

I'd have to be pulled by the nose ring to do anything (again, intended). Unless some mad wind goes through me. Feel like I'm living at my parents' again.

She: You're still ironing, schatz? It's 0200am.
He: Yes, will finish everything in the basket.

He has two laundry baskets - blue and green. I have a (surprise, surprise) pink one. Like in my previous post, he has the tendency to iron the entire year's laundry ration. While I, well ... I look for the toiletbowl only when I need to shit, if you get what I mean. My father used to say "HAH! Cari jamban bila nak berak!"

He: (entering bedroom while She stands idly by the window wondering what the hell to do next, sleep?) Have you finished everything?
She: (smug) Yeeessss ...
He: (leaves bedroom to continue ironing remaining half of blue basket, three steps outside the bedroom door can be heard) WHAT'S IN THE (PINK) BASKET?
She: ...

Feigned ignorance / deafness in ears after bedroom door closed when He left to iron remaining half of blue basket. Shit, forgot that I had to go to the kitchen.

She: (leaves room and immediately starts conversation to avoid He repeating pink basket question, shouldn't be a problem since He has a short-term memory of no longer than 5 seconds) Have you drunk the coffee, yang?
He: Yeah, not yet. WHAT'S IN THE (PINK) BASKET?
She: (drats!) Oh, no need to iron those ... (yet).

Looks like I have not run so far away since moving out.

No comments: