Thursday, July 06, 2006

nutella in small packets please

you know you've found the pot of gold at the end of the Emirati rainbow when you're told that it might be better for you to "shop the other end because you're too small for the super sized clothes".

it's a day to celebrate when you're kicked out of a super sized department. it's a day to go out, have a 3kg dark chocolate fudge cake, 12oz rib eye steak, strawberry milkshake and scones.

of course it didn't help that i could fit into size 16 pants nicely at the thighs, but am able to collect water in the space around the waist area for an entire season of drought here. i have monumental thighs.

have more pics for ya, but quit salivating, blogspot isn't liberal with mercy today, i am unable to post pics again. someone says it's Internet Explorer, and if it is Internet Explorer, then i can't wait to get my Mac back.

someone told me to get used to Arabic food, but that's not true at all. it's hard to get good Arabic food, and if you want good Arabic food, you have to pay quite a bit. it's like being in India and paying USD25 for a small bowl of briyani. funny thing is, my preferred food here has been Chinese take-out cooked by Indians and pad thai at Hyatt. so it's really not true that one has to get used to couscous (which i hate) and shawarma which i absolutely loved back in Singapore anyway. if anything at all, every 2nd restaurant you see here is Indian - which is food paradise for Ravi and bad for my weight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting kicked out of the super-sized store is cause for celebration indeed!:)

Anonymous said...

i seriously think it's IE. when IE freezes, I swtich to Firefox and it works fine.

Oh, i hate couscous too.

Am trying to eat less red meat (ie. beef, no pork or lamb) and less oil. Everything I eat, I'll check the cholestrol content and fats.

Hopefully that wil help me lose some weight by eating right and helping me to drop my craving for too much rich food.

Anonymous said...

dali, i ve got your email and i ve not checked for the invitation yet, i ll check it today at the student office (where all my mail is directed), i ve not booked anything yet but probably i ll be flying from hk to bkk and there to singapore to catch your wedding, if everything goes as i roughly planned.
by the way i m putting on weight here in japan, where it s really hard to put on weight if you stick to the local diet but my problem is i cant stop making my pick among all those various types of chocolates at the convinie store, at nights, on my way back home.

about the uploading issues, i also think switching to firefox will help.

Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot to add my name.. (the upper comment s mine.)

zeren