Thursday, April 14, 2005

the magic number

incense stick of the month: blackberry & sage (it was a close fight with Thurga's Lotus Incense Sticks - although their factories are probably side-by-side in chennai/malaysia with the former using a more glam name like "The Scent People" while Thurga remains true to herself (himself?).

ice-cream flavour of the month: vanilla. it's back to basics for me.

album of the month: the buena vista social club presents ibrahim ferrer (how cool is that? ibrahim ferrer. why cant i have a name vaguely similar - i'd even accept dali ferret). this album just rekindles the days i go mad dancing. *shivers down spine*

infection of the month: this is a tough one. i cannot decide between the itch between my little toe and my wedding toe, and the major UTI i currently have which has earned me a hospitalisation leave of 6 days including the weekend. the first has been driving me nuts for two months - i cannot decide if it's a stubborn fungus or the skin is just bluddy dry and i've been maltreating it with anti-fungal cream instead of moisturiser. it's just weird cos if it's fungal - how come it hasn't spread?

and the latter? good lord. it's my third day on antibiotics and i still have the pain. i feel like a pufferfish from all the water and bloatedness. i cannot even put on my pants without wincing from the pain. i sit on the toiletbowl and cry god's name sacrilegiously with my pants down and tears running down my face. at least this time, i am not eating in the toilet like i did half a year ago when my urine was pink with blood. of all things to be born with - useless tumours and the super high likeliness of UTI since childhood. and of course the boss delivers the laptop to me (through the taxi company) - i have to work.

blessing of the month: my beloved brother, dannie. i cannot say it enough. he deserves more than what he has on his plate. was absolutely delirious when he smsed me today that he got the job he wanted badly as a training executive with a growing food & bev company that has a name everyone misspells. he has it, he just has it. again - i blame the parents for my brother's late development and misguided ideas as a young adult 10 years back. i was just lucky i met ravi, my father figure with the face of an altar boy.

annoyance of the month: shanghainese. if you're shanghainese, please do not get offended. my prejudice shifts everyday from colleague to colleague who persists to annoy me. one day it's the mexicans, the next it's the brazilians, the next the thais and everyday? everyday - got to be the singaporeans. "Why, ah?" "What, ah?" "Like that, lor."

physical state of the month: fat. no longer a need to elaborate on this point.

fluid of the month: water, to flush out the damn bacteria hanging on to my urethra.

yoghurt of the month: m.e.i.j.i. rocks.(strawberry/mixed berry)

emotion of the month (and jan-apr '05): insecurity. why do i keep thinking i am going to lose my job all the bluddy 'ell time? at this rate, i'll fulfill this fear myself.

conscience can be such a bitch. even when she doesn't need to come out and play.

No comments: