Sunday, May 01, 2005

Room to let!

Hi there! We're a young, professional couple with an available room to let. 30 steps to clubbing haven, 300 steps to Cold Storage, minutes to Orchard Road. Air-conditioned room is fully furnished with a mattress-less timber bed, one-seater sofa, brand new study desk marred with burn marks left by thoughtless bitch-ex-housemate/freeloader, wardrobe that reeks of mothballs (eek! what was she thinking?) and - get this - ensuite bathroom that thoughtless bitch-ex-housemate/freeloader said she washed but smells suspiciously like the toilet in the wet market I frequented as a child. Landlord is extremely easy-going, drinks fake beer/cloudy lemonade and eats instant lasagne in front of TV while nodding in agreement to the commentators on WWE. Landlady is anal, certified obsessive-compulsive who arranges/re-arranges items on a per minute basis, has mug-throwing fetish and combusts into fiery explosions when least expected. Oh, and no visitors, please.

Any takers?

Sooooo ... F's gone. The source of 95% of my disgruntlement at home is gone. GEE-OHH-ENN-EEE. It's too bad that things had to come to such a sour point but I had a part to play in that - I am non-confrontational. I tolerate to the point of intolerance till I go mad with rage. With the Peeping Pervert incident, everything came down in torrents.

I might have lost a "best" friend last week. I can forget about my friendship with the blabber. She has too much pride. What is pride between friends? I'd like to give her a call, and forget the entire thing, but I'm sick of people stepping on my heads.

Ina thinks I am too kind. I think I'm just too patient with the wrong people and too impatient with the wrong people.

Man, I've screwed up my priorities!

So, perhaps a cat is on the way. I am not sure. I've spend gallons of tears, whimpering and whining. It just might be successful.

I really do miss my cats.

Coming from a house with 27 mewing/whining cats, a father with a boombox of a voice, a brother who's deaf and blasts the stereo and a mother who talks non-stop to the cats and maid - to a house of just Ravi and I is awfully quiet. Dogs are wonderful, but they stink and need constant attention.

Cats are real schweet bitches.

*sniff* I smell rain. I smell ... quiet.

No comments: